Ethics, Equity and Social Justice
"Curtin is committed to the application of ethical principles and social justice throughout all aspects of the University.
This commitment ensures the development of a University community characterised by codes of personal and collective behaviour which acknowledge and promote the University’s Guiding Ethical Principles.
Underlying Values of the Ethics and Social Justice Commitment:
- Recognition of the rights and dignity of all individuals.
- Equality of opportunity in education and employment for all.
- Enhancing diversity in gender, age, culture, beliefs, attitudes, language and social circumstances.
- Recognition of the particular place of indigenous peoples in Australia.
- Well maintained, safe, and enhanced environments."
(Ethics and Social Justice Commitment Statement, Council 1996)
This Commitment is embedded in Curtin's policies, plans and practices; and is guided and supported by staff/areas within the University: refer to Contact Us.